Remaining active is the key to good health.
When we are small, we are very active. As children, there are many activities that hold our interest and we want to take part in almost everything; be it playing a game, taking part in a competition, climbing a tree or simply chasing one another.
As we grow older or activity levels generally tend to come down thus causing a degeneration of muscles and bones as we grow older. As a corollary to this, if we remain active our body will also remain fit and younger for a long time.
Running is an all in one exercise. Hence, whether you want to lose weight, build muscle or boost up your cardiovascular health, running is one of the easiest and most natural things you can do.
Running is an exercise that anyone can do quite easily. To start running regularly, all you need is just a good pair of shoes. For women, a supportive sports bra would be an added advantage.
It is an all round exercise and a great way to lose weight and improve your cardiovascular health in a gentle yet effective manner. In case you have not been running regularly, you may start in a slow and steady manner and you will find that it becomes easier to run as you get fitter.
Even if you have flat feet, you need not give up on this wonderful all round exercise. All you need is to use shoes that have best insoles for flat feet and you are good to go!
How Running Helps You Stay in Shape
- You Can do it Anywhere – Whether in the park or on the treadmill, it is so easy to do. It is also a great idea to jog while you explore a new place during your vacation.
- A Great Way to Lose Fat – As we grow older, a lifestyle of comfort leads to our putting on some extra body fat. Running helps you keep it in check. It gently trims down your body by shedding excessive layers of fat. The amount of fat that you lose depends upon how consistently you exercise.
The more body fat that you will burn; the more will be the lean muscle you will build. A daily routine helps in becoming fitter and leaner over a short period of time.
- Running Encourages Healthy Dietary Habits – When we exercise to keep fit by running regularly, we become conscious of what we eat in order to go perform better. A healthy diet combined with the habit of jogging regularly brings out the best of our capabilities.
- Running Ensures Cardiovascular Fitness – When Runners train regularly, it improves their cardiovascular fitness, thus decreasing the risk of stroke or a heart attack. A fitter cardio profile also leads to better metabolism and burning of excessive fat, which in turn helps achieving a healthy mind and a shapely body.
- Effect on Coordination – Running regularly results in better coordinated body movements since we learn to maintain better control instinctively. Those who have flat feet can also experience the benefits by using insoles for flat feet as they help in improving posture and maintaining the correct direction.
- Psychological Benefits – Runners are typically happier and less stressed people as compared to those who do not exercise regularly. Running balances out the hormones and helps releasing endorphins that create a sense of euphoria and consequently lead to an improvement in mood. It helps in maintaining focus and takes the mind off from worries and stress.
- Improves Confidence – Running regularly keeps the body shapely and trim, which boosts up self confidence, which is quite an empowering experience. It also results in a sense of accomplishment and pride.
It has a direct impact on your personal relationships and academic performance. Maintaining a fit and healthy body improves our self-esteem.
Having made up your mind to start running regularly, don’t wait!
Like any other activity, for running to be a truly effective exercise you must adopt it as an activity that you enjoy.
Start with a minimum 20-minute aerobic run Keep your pace easy for a few days and slowly start increasing your time. Try out variations in your route to break the monotony as well as giving you fresh experiences.
In case you are trying to get back in shape after many years of inactivity, seek a doctor’s advice before you start and during the initial stages focus on form rather than speed.
Once your fitness level improves, you can gradually increase the running schedule from 45 minutes to an hour and combine it with other exercise thereafter.
Make Running a Regular Habit
Running is an incredibly effective exercise that makes you healthier in many ways.
It needs absolutely no equipment and is thus very affordable for everyone. Being outdoors and jogging across a park or an open countryside improves our mental as well as physical health. No wonder it is a favorite form of exercise world over.
Walking and running is a part of our inherent nature and is something that we do naturally. We develop a muscular structure pretty much based on how we have been exercising and using our body.
Make running a permanent part of your lifestyle and see the astounding results in the way you look drop gorgeous!
It can not only help you stay in shape but can laterally add years to your life.