Besan Ladoo (also spell as Besan Laddu) is a ball-shaped sweet popular in India. It is mainly made of besan (chickpea flour), sugar and ghee. Some additional ingredients may vary according to recipe.
Besan Laddu is a part of regular meals of many Indian families, specially in desert area of Rajasthan where the consumption of besan and ghee is higher. It is often prepared across India for festivals, auspicious occasions, and family events such as births and weddings.
Ingredients Required to Prepare Besan Ladoo
- Besan (Gram Flour or Chickpea Flour) : 100 gm.
- Powdered Sugar : 100 gm
- Ghee : 100 gm
Besan Ladoo Recipe
- First of all, heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Then, add Gram Flour in it and stir it on medium flame continuously till it becomes golden brown.
- When Gram Flour becomes golden brown, let it cool for few minutes.
- Then add Powdered Sugar in it and mix it well, and then let it cool completely.
- Now, make medium sized balls from it.
- You can decorate your Laddus with eatable silver foil and sliced almonds as shown in video.
- Enjoy your delicious Besan Laddu.
1. When you mix sugar, you can also add your favorite dry fruits and nuts in it.
Author: Sonia Goyal
Try this recipe at your home and write us your experience in comment area below.