Easy Navratri Puja Vidhi
What is Easy Navratri Puja Vidhi? Learn How to do easy Navratri Puja with Navratri Photos and Navratri Videos.
Easy Navratri puja vidhi describes an easy method of worship of Goddess Durga during Navratri Festival. The easy Navratri puja involves very common steps of worship. These steps are known as Panchopchar. In Navratri, Ghat sthapna is an additional, essential and important step, which is also very easy.
On Navratri, as you decided to do easy Navratri puja of Goddess Durga, you have to follow some very basic rules.
1. Keep Purity of mind, body and place of worship during Navratri.
2. Do worship with full devotion and love in the feet of Mother Goddess during Navratri.
3. Worship at a particular time daily (If possible). It improves the results of Pujan.
1. Photo of Idol of Goddess Durga (in absence of Idol, a photo in which 9 Durga are shown is preferable)
2. Things required for Ghata Sthapana
2.1 A clay pot to sow barley seeds
2.2 Soil to pour in clay pot
2.3 Barley Seeds
2.4 Water to sprinkle on soil
2.5 Kalash or Ghat (a kind of small pitcher) made of Clay with lid
2.6 Naariyal (Coconut)
2.7 Red cloth to wrap coconut.
2.8 Five Leaves of Mango tree or Ashoka Tree to put in kalash
2.9 Mala (flower garland)
3. Chowki or a place to put idol or photo of Goddess Durga
4. Red Cloth to spread on Chowki
5. Sacred Thread (Moli)
6. Akshat (raw rice)
7. Things required for Panchopchar :
7.1 Itra (Scent)
7.2 Flower, Garland (Mala)
7.4 Deepak or lamp made of clay (with batti and ghee)
7.5 Naivedya (Food to offer, may include fruits, sweets and whatever you cooked in your kitchen etc.)
8. Roli for Tilak
9. Puja ki Thali (plate)
11. Flour of Kutu/Rajgiri/Singhada, Potato, fruits for Saagaar.
12. Chana, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Ghee for 9th day food preparation.
How to Start Navratri Puja as follows :
Prerequisite for Navratri Puja :
1. Place the items of panchopchar at one place in Puja ki Thali (a plate).
Let us start easy Navratri puja. As you collected all the above things required for puja at the place of worship, you are ready to start the puja. Let us do Navratri puja step by step :
1. First step of Navratri Puja is Ghata Sthapana. At the time of Ghata Sthapana, place a chowki where you want to put photo or idol of Mother Goddess. Sit peacefully near the chowki. Near this chowki put the clay pot to sow barley seeds. Pour the clay pot with layers of barley seeds and soil. Sprinkle water on it. Best, if you do Ghata Sthapana according to muhurat.
2. Take the Kalash or Ghat. Pour it with sacred water of Holy River Ganga (or with pure water if sacred water is not available). Put scent, flower and coins in it. Put five leaves of Mango or Ashoka tree on mouth of Ghat. Put lid on the mouth of Ghat. Fill the lid with raw rice. Take coconut and wrap it in a red cloth. Tie Moli around it. Place it on the lid as shown in picture. You completed the Ghata Sthapana.
See Ghata Sthapana Video.
3. Now the second step is, installation and invoking of Goddess Durga. For this, spread the red cloth on chowki. Tie Moli around it. Now place idol or picture of Goddess Durga on the chowki.
4. Now the third step is pray and worship of Goddess and all Gods in Ghat. Lit the lamp, because all kinds of puja starts with lighting a lamp. Now invoke (avahan, call) all Gods and sacred rivers in Ghat and pray them to purify water and reside there for nine days, destroy all obstacles of life and give wisdom. Do worship of Kalash or Ghat with Panchopchar. Panchopchar means worship of deity with five things, i.e. Scent, Flower, Dhoop, Deepak and Naivedya. Offer these five things to deities present in Ghat. Don't put these things inside the Ghat, put these five things near Ghat instead.
See Easy Navratri Ghat Puja Video.
5. Now invoke Goddess Durga in idol or photo. Pray Mother Goddess to come and stay at your home for nine days of Navratri and give love in her lotus feet. After praying, do panchopchar. Offer five things to Mother Goddess.
See Easy Navratri Durga Puja video.
6. Now Do Aarti of Mother Goddess. For Aarti, stand up at your place. Take Puja ki Thali and bell in hand. Sing the aarti with jingle the bell. After you complete aarti, give aarti first to Goddess Durga, Ghat (Kalash) and deities present in Ghat. At evening (sandhya) repeat the aarti.
See Navratri Aarti video.
7. You done first day worship of Navratri. Do the aarti in morning and evening (sandhya) for nine days. You should keep fast for 9 days. Many people eat only specific food known as "Saagaar" one time (at night) for nine days.
8. On eighth day of Navratri, invite little girls of age group 5-12 for food on 9th day. You can invite girls in number 1 to 9 as per your capacity.
Note : Don't make a difference of caste or tribe or color etc. when inviting girls. Keep in mind all girls are form of Mother Goddess Durga.
9. On 9th day of Navratri, prepare delicious food for girls. Generally the menu for the ninth day is Halwa, Poori and Chana. Many people make Kadhi with pakodi and Kheer also.
10. On 9th day of Navratri, when girls come to your house, feed them with full love and devotion, considering that Mother Goddess Durga herself has come to get food on your invitation with love. When they finish food, put tilak on their forehead and give some gifts to them.
11. On 10th day of Navratri, go to your place of worship. Take some flower and raw rice in your hand, and pray all Gods present in Ghat, "O Dear Gods! Thank you for coming. We surrender our devotional practice to you, which we done for you for nine days of Navratri. I request you to go back to your homes and come again when we pray." Offer flower and rice to them. Pick the Ghat and keep aside.
12. Similarly pray to Mother Goddess, "O Mother Goddess! Thank you for coming. We surrender our devotional practice to you, which we done for you for nine days of Navratri. I request you to go back to your home and come again when we pray." Pick photo/idol of Goddess and put it at it's permanent place.
13. Now collect the offerings on Chowki. Take them as Prasad. Remove cloth from the chowki. Turn aside the chowki and leave. Take the coconut on Ghat as Prasad, just eat it. Give raw rice on lid to birds to eat. Sprinkle the sacred water of Ghat in your entire house and pray it will remove all negative energies and bring prosperity. You can also drink it and can take a bath of this sacred water. Take out coins and keep safe along with your money, they will bring prosperity.
14. Observe the growth of barley. If they are fresh and sparkling green and in abundance, then it is sure sign of your prosperity. Search for white Barley sprout. If you find one, it is very rare and very much fortunate. Dig it carefully with root. Surrender it to Goddess Durga with some green sprouts and keep it at place of puja forever. If you don't have any white sprout, then pluck some green sprouts and surrender to Goddess Durga. Search Peepal Tree near your house and put rest of whole sprouts with pot there. Don't put Ghat there. Keep Ghat at your house. You can use it for any purpose.
You can celebrate Navratri festival at your home with your family. On first day, do Ghat Sthapna at your home. Get the holy book Durga Saptshati and recite it's chapters daily for nine days. 8th day invite 1 to 9 girls as much as you can for ninth day. Feed them and give some gifts. Click Here For
Similar Readings For Navratri Festival
This article is very helpful for the devotees who want to learn easy method of Navratri puja which they can perform easily at their homes by themselves. Knowledge of typical methodology is not required to learn for this easy method of Navratri puja so that everybody can eaisly perform Navratri puja at home.