Herbs >> Lemon
What are the Qualities of Lemon? What are the Benefits of Lemon?
Lemon is known as Nimbu in Hindi Language and is declared as Prana (Vital Life Force) in Ayurveda. Main qualities of Lemon (Nimbu) are that Lemon is very much rich in Vitamin C which has excellent healing powers. Lemon takes care of all systems of body. Lemon is nectar for digestive system. Benefits of Lemon includes benefit in Indigestion, bad breath, Gas, hiccups, stomach pain, acidity, constipation, vomiting, dehydration, cold, cough, obesity, high blood pressure, lisping and stammering etc.
There are many uses and benefits of Lemon (Nimbu). Some useful benefits of Lemon (Nimbu) are as follows :
1. Benefit of Lemon (Nimbu) in Indigestion : Cut Lemon in two pieces and sprinkle salt and black pepper powder on it. Suck this lemon. Sucking lemon with salt and black pepper powder thrice a day removes indigestion as well as all diseases related to digestive system. This specific use of lemon improves appetite.
2. Benefit of Lemon in Bad Breath : If you are suffering from foul smells from your mouth and breath, then take a glass of water and mix juice of one lemon and two tbsp of rose water. After eating food rinse the mouth three times with this lemon water and drink rest of the lemon water.
3. Benefit of Lemon in Gas : Mix one tbsp lemon juice and one tbsp Carum Copticum (Ajvayan) powder in half cup of Luke warm water. Drink this lemon water twice a day (morning and evening).
4. Benefit of Lemon in Hiccups : There are several uses of lemon to stop hiccups :
1. Cut the lemon and fill salt in it. Suck this lemon four times a day. Hiccups will stop.
2. Mix Lemon juice, rock salt and honey and lick it. This stops hiccups.
3. Mix lemon juice in hot water and sip it slowly. Hiccups will stop.
5. Benefit of Lemon in Stomach Pain : There are several uses of lemon to stop Stomach Pain :
1. Mix juice of one lemon, rock salt, black pepper powder and 1/4 tbsp dried ginger powder in 1/2 glass of water and drink it. It relieves stomach pain instantly.
2. In case of worms in stomach, then fill black pepper powder, cumin seed powder and salt in a slice of lemon and lick it. Continue this for at least one week.
3. If you had heavy food in parties, festivals etc. ant it produced gas and indigestion, then mix lemon juice, sugar, roasted cumin seeds, ajvayan ( Carum Copticum)according to your taste and drink it 2-3 times.
4. Drink Lemon Juice frequently in a single day. Pain due to Gas will relieve.
6. Benefit of Lemon in Acidity : Mix lemon juice and soda in one cup of water and drink it after eating food. OR Drink Sweet Lemon juice (mix lemon juice, water and sugar) daily before lunch.
8. Benefit of Lemon in Vomiting : Fill Cardamom powder in lemon slice and suck it. Vomiting will stop.
9. Benefit of Lemon in Dehydration : Mix juice of 1/4 lemon, salt and sugar in one cup of cold water. Drinking this lemon juice every two hours gives relief in dehydration.
10. Benefit of Lemon in Cold : Boil 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds (Danamethi) in one glass of water. When half water remains, then filter this water and mix juice of half lemon in this filtered water, and drink it hot. Drink it twice a day until you get relief in cold.
11. Benefit of Lemon in Cough : Boil a lemon in water. Squeeze it in a cup and mix 2 tbsp of honey in it. Take such preparation twice a day. It not only gives relief in cough but also removes phlegm accumulated in chest.
12. Benefit of Lemon in Obesity : Drink lemon juice twice a day for long time to reduce obesity.
13. Benefit of Lemon in High Blood Pressure : Drink Lemon Juice daily morning to keep high blood pressure away.
14. Benefit of Lemon in Lisping and Stammering : Mix lemon juice in hot water and rinse mouth in morning and evening. Accompanied this mix powder of 10-11 black pepper in one tbsp of pure Ghee (Butter) and lick it twice a day. This stops lisping and stammering.
Similar Readings For Lemon (Nimbu)
Lemon (Nimbu) Images (Edit)
Lemon (Nimbu) Photo by ekunji.com